Monday, January 16, 2012

Words with Wire

Words are powerful and really striking graphic elements.I saw this tutorial for making words with wire on Family Chic. Camilla wraps her words with yarn, which gives so many options for color and texture.

I have a bunch of old hangers lying around and I'd love to play with the natural metal as well {instead of wrapping with yarn}; maybe even check out some scripty fonts and see if I could mimic a cool font rather than freehand the script. Maybe I could even attach these to a large canvas and do an entire saying?We'll see what happens. Until then, it's on my list!

{source}
Here are a few sayings I'd like to try out:
  • Love
  • Cherish
  • Family
  • It is what it is
  • Every little thing is gonna be alright
Pop on over to the Family Chic blog for the full tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment